Saturday, March 13, 2010

A Severe Lack of Beer

Greetings,

How do I blog about a week where nothing happened? This weeks entry will be nice and short.

Last weekend I did absolutely nothing. I laid in bed coughing my lungs out and sipping on cough syrup. By the time Monday came around I was ecstatic to go to class, because that meant I got to go outside. Monday I left super early for class to grab some lunch and work on a presentation. I went to this small pizza place where the highlight was the entire kettle of tea they gave me. The tea was much better then most of medicine I had been taking. Also being sick made me realize how much I have come to love beer in Prague. Being a responsible individual I didn’t drink with all of the medications I was taking. But I am back and trying to make up for lost time (Hence the name of this entry). After class on Monday Walt and I grabbed some donuts and headed back to the dorm, just as some snowflakes began to trickle in. While sitting at our desk in our room we noticed the sky turn a nasty shade of gray. Next thing we know the winds had picked up, the clouds opened up and there was mini blizzard. I don’t care what any haters say, it was a mini blizzard.

The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. I was lucky enough to have chicken in a jacket on Tuesday night. That is a dish I will never tire of. I keep telling myself that I am going to try something new at the dorm restaurant but I have been unsuccessful thus far. Wednesday I found a tea room before my afternoon class which was awesome because it was basically a coffee shop that served tea instead of coffee, and since I hate coffee, I was very excited.

Thursday night Sara, Sarah, Jenny, Walt, Kacy, Becca and myself were invited to Celia’s parents rented apartment/hotel for a home cooked dinner. The dinner was great and it was really nice to congregate in a place that wasn’t a bar or a dorm room. There was a couch and everything. So I just want to thank my loyal readers the Foxes for a great evening.

See, nice and short, just as promised.

Until next time

Alex

1 comment:

  1. Now you have gone and done it. Your mother was so upset after reading this post that she wanted to immediately pack a bag and head to the airport so she could be at your side to nurse you back to health. But then I reminded her that Grace has a bball game this evening. She decided to send some cough drops instead.

    ReplyDelete