Monday, February 22, 2010

Pelíšky

Howdy

The end of Czech class literally flew by. Thursday after our final we watched a great Czech movie. It was called Pelíšky and I recommend that you head over to the youtubes and check it out. The movie was one of the movies where nothing really happens, but two hours later for some reason I liked what I had seen. Celia would describe the movie with one word... WOOF. (That is the equivalent of two thumbs way down). I have attached a clip of my favorite scene to this entry. On Friday my class headed to the Prague Museum, which was a museum all about Prague. The museum had a really cool 3d model of the city that we played with for a while. After the museum we headed to a pub to grab a quick goodbye beer with our teacher.

My Czech teacher and I

My Czech Class

This weekend Becca's friend and fan of this here blog Nikki came to town. Nikki is currently studying in Barcelona. Well we had to make sure that Nikki had a good time in Prague so Friday night we went to this fun establishment called Lucerna which was a ton of fun. It was 80's-90's night and yes I may have gone out wearing my sunglasses, but that is because I forgot to take them off before we left my room and was to lazy to switch back into my normal glasses.

Everyone ready for a night out after two grueling weeks of Czech!

Saturday we woke up early to explore the city. Becca, Nikki and I grabbed a quick breakfast and then went to Old Town Square, the Charles Bridge, the John Lennon Wall and the Prague Castle.

The Charles Bridge

The John Lennon Wall

Saturday night Sarah, Sara, Jenny, Celia, Becca, Nikki and I went to a small pub down the street from the dorm and played a fun game called Nelson.

This morning I woke up and did some laundry. This is the first time I have really done laundry since arriving in Europe nearly four weeks ago. So it is easy to say that I had a lot of laundry to do. Three loads worth to be exact. Now at home three loads of laundry isn't that hard to do. In the Czech Republic it was quite the time consuming chore. I was at the laundromat for nearly five hours and basically pissed away my day cleaning my underwear. But hey, I now have 4 weeks worth of clean underwear. On a sad note my European underwear purchased back when I arrived in Prague have shrunk to a size that would not have fit me in elementary school. Thanks for the memories F&F brand underwear. You will be missed. Tonight a few of us ventured around the city in search of some Mexican food. What we got was a decent attempt but not quite as good as back home, but not bad for "Czech Mex". After dinner I headed down to the Student Klub (not a typo) to watch the Czech Republic take on the Russians in Olympic Hockey. Everyone in the bar was sad except for the one Russian exchange student who was having the time of his life.

I start my classes tomorrow and I am extremely excited. I am also extremely excited that I only have one class tomorrow. A good way to transition back into school, especially considering that I haven't had much class time since before thanksgiving.

Until next time

Alex



And for those who are not fluent in Czech you can click here and enjoy with English subtitles and then click here to see the rest of the scene.

2 comments: