Monday, January 25, 2010

Welcome!

Howdy! (Traditional Texas A&M greeting)

First things first. It may be necessary to pardon my grammar.

I have created this blog to tell you about my journey to Prague and Europe. I want to give a shout out to the three people I know will actually read this, hi mom, hi dad, hi Zach (my brother, not my roommate who said he would not be reading my blog), hi Alyssa and hi Rachael.

This weekend my big brother Zach surprised the whole family by coming into town to say goodbye. It was lovely spending the weekend with Zach. Today the Rubin family came over to say goodbye and hang out. It was a lot of fun, and Sam played with Quincy so much that definitely wore him out.

In about 36 hours I will be on my way to the airport. Tonight I began the process of packing, and was surprised at how painless it was. I guess it is because I have been obsessive about making sure I had everything that I needed weeks in advance (Becca knows what I am talking about). I also wanted to make my last night (tomorrow night) as stress free as possible. This does NOT mean I made tonight totally stress free. I may or may not have accidentally put a container of butter on the hot stove causing plastic to melt on the stove top. Also I may or may not have flooded the laundry room this evening. But it's all good.

Now I will explain some of the terms I will be using this semester to you:
AIFS: My program "Provider". The reason I need a "provider" is because Texas A&M and many other universities provide limited study abroad options on their own. In order to offer more options schools partner with AIFS to allow students the opportunity to study in a greater number of destinations.
ECES: ECES is the East and Central European Studies department of Charles University. It is the department of the University that I am enrolled in. ECES is more than just classes though. ECES organized field trips and weekend excursions that I can take part in.
Becca: I am sure Becca will be excited that she is a bold "term". But for those of you who don't know, Becca is one my best friends. She goes to the University of Maryland and will be going on the same program that I am. I am pumped that Becca is going with me on this trip.

Until next time

Alex


4 comments:

  1. thanks for the shout out :) - Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to add: MWF to your frequently used terms. MWF? My Wonderful Father, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really glad you decided to do this! I need a blog to replace my Big 12 Football blog during the fall!!! lol Hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like everyone to know that for more up-to-date information they can go to Becca's blog, which also has photos.

    rebeccapeiser.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete